A Trial-Tested Attorney For Complex Commercial Litigation
Even a small commercial dispute can cause serious disruptions for your business. Most business disputes arise out of one party breaching its oral or written duties and responsibilities to the other. If the written contract that has been breached has an arbitration agreement within its terms, the dispute must be resolved in arbitration.
In commercial disputes, the named arbitration forum is usually the American Arbitration Association. Otherwise, the claim will be resolved in either state or federal court litigation. In either case, having an experienced commercial litigation or arbitration attorney on your side can enhance your chance of success.
At Russell L. Forkey, P.A., we understand the unique concerns facing businesses involved in commercial litigation or arbitration matters. Whether you have a written or oral contract dispute relating to securities, commodities, precious metals or other commercial matters, we will provide you with the confidential counsel you require so you can make intelligent decisions both before and throughout the litigation/arbitration process.
Protecting Your Interests In All Types Of Commercial Disputes
Handling a wide range of commercial litigation/arbitration concerns for Florida businesses, our firm has extensive experience in representing clients involved in oral and written contract disputes, as well as specializing in state and federal securities litigation, which arises outside of the normal client-broker relationship.
We represent many private individuals and businesses that make private investments in new or existing corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships or limited liability companies, only to find that they were induced to make the investment based upon material misrepresentations or omissions of material fact, which investment they would not have made if the truth was told.
Subsequent to the time that an individual or corporate investment has been made, circumstances may arise where the company’s or partnership’s funds were stolen or negligently mismanaged, leading to major financial losses. Keep in mind that private individuals and businesses need to comply with state and/or federal securities laws when seeking investors for their businesses. Moreover, each state has various laws that relate to the operation of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and partnerships, which can be used by stockholders to make sure that their rights as stockholders are protected.
Each business dispute or securities case is unique, and there are several things that can go wrong. It is the job of an experienced litigation/arbitration attorney to anticipate the pitfalls that may arise, during the preceding so an orderly presentation of your case can be made in an attempt to maximize results.
By way of example, we handle the following types of commercial litigation matters:
- Fraudulent statements: If someone gave you false information or failed to provide you with the whole truth in order to get you to invest in a business venture, you may have been the victim of fraud or of negligent misrepresentation.
- Contract litigation: We provide plaintiff and defense counsel for businesses and individuals involved in both oral and written contract disputes with vendors, employees and other businesses.
- Shareholder disputes: We provide representation to shareholders involved in disputes either with other shareholders or the company in which they have a shareholder agreement with.
- Lease disputes: We also handle commercial lease disputes for our business clients.
- Tortuous interference with an advantageous business relationship: When someone intentionally damages your contractual or business relationships with third parties, that is considered tortuous interference. For example, if another business tries to hire all of your employees, that may constitute tortuous interference. If a former employee goes to work for another company and tries to take your clients with them, it may constitute tortuous interference. We can help you spot this illegal activity and take action.
- Breach of franchise agreements: We represent individuals or entities in disputes with their franchise companies.
Discuss Your Legal Needs With An Experienced Commercial Litigation Attorney
For more than 30 years, attorney Russell Forkey has handled a wide range of complex litigation cases for businesses. Under his guidance, our firm understands how to maximize your potential results. Returning all calls no later than the end of each business day, we are ready to help you. Contact us online or by telephone at 954-514-9605 to arrange your free initial consultation.