Income and Growth Mutual Fund Abuse, Fraud and Mismanagement Principal and Income Loss FINRA Arbitration and Litigation Attorney:
Income Mutual Funds are designed to produce current income for shareholders. Some examples of income mutual funds are municipal, international and junk bond (high-yield) funds. Several kinds of equity-oriented funds also can have income as their primary investment objectives, such as utilities income funds and equity income funds.
It is important to remember that mutual funds are offered by prospectus. The prospectus will provide all necessary information for an informed investor to make an intelligent investment decision. For example, a prospectus may contain information about such things as:
- Disclosures relating to sales charges and shareholder privileges.
- Description of principal risks associated with a particular fund. Just because the fund is labeled as an income fund or an offshoot of one does not necessarily mean that fund is conservative in nature.
- Disclosure of the holdings in the portfolio.
- Who is managing the fund and what is being charged for the management thereof.
- How to purchase, redeem and exchange shares within the fund.
- How the fund shares are priced.
- How and under what circumstances the fund will make distributions.
- What are the tax consequences associated with investing in the fund.
- The characteristics and risks of the securities within the fund and the investment techniques associated with the management of the fund.
- Financial highlights associated with the fund.
Please keep in mind that the above information is being provided for educational purposes only. Thus, it is not designed to be complete in all material respects. It should not be relied upon as legal or investment advice. If the reader has any questions concerning the contents of this post, you should contact a qualified expert.
With extensive courtroom, arbitration and mediation experience and an in-depth understanding of securities law, our firm provides all of our clients with the personal service they deserve. Handling cases worth $25,000 or more, we represent clients throughout Florida and across the United States, as well as for foreign individuals that invested in U.S. banks or brokerage firms. Contact us to arrange your free initial consultation.
At the Fort Lauderdale Law Office of Russell L. Forkey, we represent clients throughout South and Central Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Sunrise, Plantation, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Delray, Boynton Beach, Hollywood, Lake Worth, Royal Palm Beach, Manalapan, Jupiter, Gulf Stream, Wellington, Fort Pierce, Stuart, Palm City, Jupiter, Miami, Orlando, Maitland, Winter Park, Altamonte Springs, Lake Mary, Heathrow, Melbourne, Palm Bay, Cocoa Beach, Vero Beach, Daytona Beach, Deland, New Smyrna Beach, Ormand Beach, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Dade County, Orange County, Seminole County, Martin County, Brevard County, Indian River County, Volusia County and Monroe County, Florida. The law office of Russell L. Forkey also represents South American, Canadian and other foreign residents that do business with U.S. financial institutions, investment advisors, brokerage and precious metal firms.